i love lasagna... but i did not feel like eating meat today..so i have tired to make lasagna with spinach.. i usually don't prefer to use caned spinach..the idea is cooking with whatever you have in your kitchen=) anyways, it turned out yummy.. it is a great choice when you want to make something simple and delicious..
10 to 20 lasagna noodles (depends on the size of the pan)
2 cans of spinach(drained) u can use fresh or frozen as well
1 chopped onion
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp sugar
4 tbsp cream cheese
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup mozzarella or cheddar cheese
1 cup french fried onions
1/4 heavy cream
salt and black pepper(ground)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- in a skillet cook onions in olive oil until onions are tender. add spinach,sugar, black pepper,salt and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- add cream cheese stir well add heavy cream
- lay lasagna noodles in bottom of a baking dish
- spread the spinach mixture over noodles
- repeat layering as much as desired
- spread 1/4 cup heavy cream over the last layer
- sprinkle 1 cup cheese
- sprinkle 1 cup french fried onions on top
- cover dish with foil and bake for 1 hour . cool 15 minutes before serving
and listen to some FRANZ SCHUBERT